It’s that time again – beginning of school. Excited, nervous students. Back to school supplies and $$$ Books. I’ll let you check the prices, as they change all the time, but here are books either required or recommended for the classes I teach. The books you need depend on where you have me and who/if I have assistant/lab instructors. Feel free to comment to help your classmates!
If your class is a Lecture-Lab Combo, check the bookstore – we use a custom textbook from Pearson (based on Marieb’s Anatomy textbook). Otherwise, read on, and click on the link to see the book:
Tortora & Nielson. Human Anatomy, 12th ed., 2012, Wiley
- Loose-leaf, binder-ready volume, ISBN 978-1-118-43848-0
- Bound textbook, ISBN 978-047056705 = http://snipurl.com/tortoraanat
- RealAnatomy DVD strongly recommended – see if you can get it bundled with the text
- I do recommend WileyPlus (or split with someone and share)
- Here’s a link that might help –http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-813168.html – for Tortora above and Allen-Harper books below
McKinley & O’Loughlin. Human Anatomy, 2nd ed., Wiley. = http://snipurl.com/mhheap2
Labs – remember to check who your lab instructor is, before you buy/rent!
- Allen. Cat Dissection: A Laboratory Guide, 2nd ed., Wiley. ISBN 9780471701415 = http://snipurl.com/ahsmcat
- Allen/Harper. Laboratory Manual for Human Anatomy, 1st edition = ISBN: 0470395109 / ISBN-13: 9780470395103 (my official ISBN); I also found ISBN: 0471465151/ ISBN-13: 978-0471465157 for the same thing (?!); ISBN 0-471-46515-1 too?
- Allen/Harper, Laboratory Manual for Human Anatomy, 2nd edition, is also acceptable instead of the above = http://snipurl.com/ahlab2
- Baker. Human Anatomy: Workbook & Study Guide, 2012. Not found online. Go to College Bookstore at Goldenwest St. just south of Edinger, next to Donut shop.
- Cast. Human Anatomy Laboratory Workbook. Not found online.
- Dissection Kits (2 per group)
- 5 Scantron 882-E (for lecture, lab may require additional)
- 5 Scantron 815-E (for lecture, lab may require additional)
Optional, but Helpful:
- Lab coat, scrubs, goggles may be desired during mandatory dissections
- Human Anatomy Coloring Book
- Kapit is recommended = http://snipurl.com/kapitcoloring
- Colored Pencils, Markers
- Human Anatomy Flash Cards
- Human Anatomy Atlas
- Gilbert, Pictorial Anatomy of the Cat = http://snipurl.com/gilbertcat
- Allen/Harper, Fetal Pig Dissection, A Laboratory Guide = http://snipurl.com/ahpig